2023 Conference Registration
Register between February 1, 2023 – June 11, 2023.
An early bird discount and hotel subsidy are available until May 10, 2023.
Attendees are strongly encouraged to register online ahead of time as this allows us to plan our facilities use and coffee service more effectively, but registration is available at the check-in desk if absolutely necessary.
Important Information about this year’s conference
The conference this year includes presentations, recitals, concerts, a masterclass, and community building opportunities.
Our conference kicks off on Monday, June 26, at Noon with Dr. Wei Han Wu’s presentation, and finishes on Wednesday evening, June 28th, with our guest artist’s concert. Throughout all three days you will find many opportunities to rekindle your love of teaching, reconnect with colleagues, and recharge while enjoying music.
Your registration includes access to all:
- A beautifully designed booklet to help you craft your conference schedule
In addition, those of you who register before May 10th, will receive an Early Bird discount, and a hotel subsidy.
Those who register by June 11th will receive a complimentary box lunch.
The 2023 WSMTA Banquet will be on Tuesday, June 27th at the Winthrop Barn Auditorium in historic Winthrop, WA. Attendees will enjoy a buffet while reconnecting with each other. Tickets are $50 each. Attendance is limited, so be sure to add one (or more) to your registration, and to register early!
If you want to purchase extra recital tickets for people not attending the conference otherwise, those are available here.
2023 Conference Fees
Remember that those who register before May 10th receive a discount rate and a hotel subsidy! Complimentary box lunches are provided to those who register by June 11th.
|Full Conference||Early Bird Rate before May 10||After May 10|
|MTA Member Discount||$175||$225|
|New Member’s First Conference Discount||$90||$130|
|Student (high school or college||$90||$90|
Remember that those who register before May 10th receive a hotel subsidy! A complimentary box lunch is provided to those who register by June 11th.
|Daily||Before June 11||At the Door|
|MTA Member Discount||$100||$125|
|New Member’s First Conference Discount||$75||$100|
|Student (high school or college||$50||$100|
Discounts and Conference Fee Grants
- Members of the Washington State, Oregon State, Idaho State, and Montana State Music Teachers Associations are eligible for the member discount
- All those who joined WSMTA for the first time between July 2022 and today are eligible to receive the New Member’s First Conference Discount
- If you have a conference gift certificate, please register as usual, and contact your chapter for reimbursement
- If you cannot afford the conference fees, please apply for a Conference Fee Grant
Sun Mountain Lodge is providing their 4-Star resort rooms at a significant discount. In addition, WSMTA is subsidizing hotel reservations for all who register by May 10! Here’s how to secure a deeply discounted room at Sun Mountain:
- Register for the Conference.
- After registering, click on the hotel link in the confirmation which will take you directly to the Sun Mountain Lodge online reservation page.
- Make your reservation from the vast number of room choices and pay for the first night at the Conference rate.
- When you get your email hotel confirmation, which will include the total bill for your stay, forward it to WSMTA (firstname.lastname@example.org) for proof of reservation. Please note: WSMTA cannot apply your subsidy without proof of reservation.
- The subsidy is for all conference attendees staying at Sun Mountain, and is $50 per attendee per conference night (6/26 – 6/28). WSMTA will compute and apply the subsidy for your reservation.
- You will receive a gift card for your subsidy when you pick up your badge and booklet at the WSMTA Check-In. You’ll be able to use that gift card when you check out to apply to your bill, or if you’d prefer you can use it at the restaurant or bar.
Covid 19 Protections
WSMTA will always follow national and local health department guidelines. Because the pandemic continues to upend our lives and expectations, WSMTA asks all attendees to stay home if exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms.