Our thanks and appreciation to the following members who have accepted the nomination for the following Board of Directors offices:
- WSMTA Treasurer: Mary Foster Grant, NCTM – Kitsap Chapter
- District I Director: Brandi Bassett – Edmonds Chapter
- District III Director: Susan Speicher – Tacoma & Gig Harbor Chapters
- District V Director: Preta Laughlin, NCTM – Moses Lake Chapter
- District VII Director: Dr. Deborah Rambo-Sinn, NCTM – Spokane Chapter
We appreciate these respected nominees, fellow members/teachers, who are willing to contribute ideas, time and energy on behalf of the membership. The District Directors serve a vitally important role, representing their districts on the Board. They personally visit their district chapters, organize their district conferences, and bring insight from the “grass roots” of WSMTA.
In her first two years as WSMTA Treasurer, Mary Grant, NCTM, has worked to streamline many aspects of WSMTA’s financial operations. She is keeping a steady hand on the tiller during these uncertain times. The WSMTA Treasurer provides a tremendous service to WSMTA. We are fortunate that Mary has accepted the invitation to continue serving in this position.
If you have any questions about the nominees or the nomination process, please contact the Nominating Committee: Krista Seely, Chair; Harriet West, NCTM; and Peter Mack, NCTM.